Wednesday, September 5, 2012

RUN for MERCY 5K

Dear Friends and Family,

If there is one thing I know that I believe wholeheartedly it is this: there is HOPE for FREEDOM from life controlling issues such as: addiction, eating disorders, unplanned pregnancies, rape, abuse, self-harm, and depression.

Because of my own life journey, I have an overwhelming desire to see young girls experience this freedom, find restored hope, and understand their innate worth as women created uniquely with a beautiful purpose. This has been the vision and mission of Mercy Ministries for the past 29 years, and I've spoken personally with girls who have found new and joyful life through the efforts of Mercy, that is why I am a supporter. This year I am serving on the Planning Committee for the 2012 Run for Mercy 5k, and I would be greatly honored if you would consider joining me in supporting this cause.

Your prayers, participation in the race, volunteering to help on race day, or financial contributions toward my fund raising goal, would make an eternal difference in allowing Mercy to continue provide healing to girls ages 13-28 who've made the personal choice and commitment to attend Mercy's program and find hope. Thousands of lives have been transformed, forever, simply by people coming together and showing they care through acts just as these. In many cases, these are girls just like you or your sister or your friend or relative or someone you know, who've found themselves in places they never once dreamed they'd be and have no idea how to overcome and keep going. 

I'd so appreciate you considering supporting my efforts to help provide residential care, Christ-centered counseling and life-skills training free of charge to hurting young women by becoming one of my sponsors. The Mercy Ministries program will always be free of charge to the young women they serve. Private rehabilitation programs charge as much as $2000.00 per day, per individual. Compare that to Mercy’s actual expense to provide care for these girls which is only $200 per day, per girl…just 10% of the cost of other programs. And each girl who attends is required to make a personal choice and commitment to remain in the program for whatever duration needed, no one else is permitted to force them into the program. These girls genuinely want to find healing and experience change. None of us can change every life, but all of us can change one life! Please consider changing a life by participating in some manner with me in this race.

If this is something that weighs as heavily on your heart as it does mine, please check out Mercy's website and consider how you can be a part of these efforts with me! Also, please visit my personal fundraising webpage using the link below where you can make a secure credit card donation. Your gift to this worthy cause is 100% tax-deductible.

Click here to visit My Run for Mercy Fund Raising Page

Thank you for your support.

Wanting desperately to give others HOPE,

~ Dennika





No comments:

Post a Comment